Excuses are all too common, everyone makes them at some point. In some cases it can be fine to throw out an excuse to not do something because the excuse will benefit the situation. Like when you know if you do something that will hurt someones feelings and so you make an excuse to them not to do it, that's the time when making excuses is OK.
This week I saw first hand people lying in hospital beds, ill with a number of ailments and the majority of them were their own fault. Harsh to say, maybe, but very true all the same. You see, that is a time when you cannot afford to make excuses, when it comes to your health and looking after it. Only you can do it! It is up to you whether you sit on the couch, get fat, end up with heart and blood problems then into hospital you go at 40 with doctors and nurses probing all over your body, sticking needles in you, putting cameras in places we all know you don't want them (trust me I know). Do you want that? No me neither! It scares the shit out of me enough to make sure I do everything in my power to prevent it for as long as possible.
So stop right now, take a second and ask yourself, am I doing all I can to keep my health at it's peak? I bet you aren't, right? It's OK (for now) because no one is perfect but you must realise that you are taking liberties with your health! Are you eating right or are you wolfing down sugar filled, chemical laden doughnuts dipped in caffeine and who knows what else? Are you exercising daily or are you getting up in the morning and the only time you move is for more junk food and the occasional bathroom break? Be honest with yourself.
If you are that kind of person then I personally guarantee you are making excuses! The one I hear most often from probably 80% of people I talk to about health and fitness is this, "I don't have time". Sound familiar? Well it is BULLSHIT!! How dare you say you don't have time, everyone has time, damn it you better make time! We all have the same amount of time in a day, 24 hours. You have 24 hours, you sleep 6 hours maybe 8, leaving 16-18 hours in your day. If you are still telling me there's no time to fit in a 45 min - 1 hour workout then we at Life And Mind have no time for you.
Here is the top 5 excuses I come across for not exercising and why they're not a good enough reason.
- I DON'T HAVE TIME. I have already went over this but if you still aren't convinced there's plenty of time in the day then answer me this. How much TV do you watch every day?
- I'M TOO TIRED. Working out actually gives you energy and releases endorphins. Try doing it in the morning if you really need to.
- EXERCISE IS BORING. Find an exercise you love, it doesn't have to be onerous or unpleasant, hell, you can even do it in front of the TV on a treadmill or bike so you don't miss your precious shows.
- I'VE TRIED BEFORE. This is very common and is an easy fix. Set goals that are small and realistic, that way you are more likely to succeed and not feel failure. Also a big help is to keep a log and make it public, hold yourself accountable.
- THE KIDS/SCHOOL TAKE UP ALL MY TIME. A 1 hour workout is 4% of your day, stop it with these lame excuses.
If any of these sound like you then make this the wake up call to kick start your life and not end up with needles, tubes and breathing apparatus coming out of you in the hospital.
We only have a very limited time on this earth, we must make it last, not just fester away and waste it. Stop making all these lame ass excuses you're making. Get up early, get your life in order, get your health in order and start enjoying the time you have left. There is no reset button on life, you get one shot, use it wisely.
Excuses are for the weak!
You're not weak!
You're part of Life And Mind!
We don't make excuses we make results!
Excuses are for people who don't want it badly enough!
NO MORE EXCUSES!
Fly your own flag